Saturday 29 August 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1931 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Bernard Rancillac: French painter and sculptor.
- Evelyn de Rothschild: English banker and businessman.
- Stelios Kazantzidis: Greek singer and guitarist (d. 2001).
- Lise Payette: Quebec politician, writer and columnist.
- Victor Riley: American economist and CEO in charge of Keycorp, a corporate financial empire of small-town banks.
- David T Abercrombie: Abercrombie & Fitch founder (Born 1867).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?