Thursday 6 August 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1931 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Chalmers Johnson: American author and professor emeritus of the University of California, San Diego.
- Gary Duncan: American astrologer since childhood, a siderealist statistician and researcher.
- Jean-Louis Chautemps: French jazz musician, composer and author.
- Ghislain De Diesbach: French writer and biographer.
- Ghislain Diesdach: Le Havre Writer.
- Bix Beiderbecke: American musician, composer and jazz great.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?