Thursday 6 August 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Louis Chautemps and Ghislain De Diesbach.
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1931 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Jean-Louis Chautemps: French jazz musician, composer and author.
- Ghislain De Diesbach: French writer and biographer.
- Gary Duncan: American astrologer since childhood, a siderealist statistician and researcher.
- Chalmers Johnson: American author and professor emeritus of the University of California, San Diego.
- Ghislain Diesdach: Le Havre Writer.
- Bix Beiderbecke: American musician, composer and jazz great.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1931
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?