Saturday 15 August 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Guilty Hands, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1931 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Mario Kuri-Aldana: Composer.
- Janice Rule in Norwood: Ohio, USA; actress (Alvarez Kelly, Doctor's Wife).
- Janice Rule: American actress with noted spouse, actor Ben Gazzarra.
- Janica Rule: Norwood Actor.
- Ernest Brace: American captain and pilot (d. 2014).
- Richard Heck: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2015)
- Paul McDowell: English actor and screenwriter
- Nigar Shikhlinskaya: Azerbaijani WWI nurse (Born ca.
- Roy Wilkins joined NAACP as Assistant Secretary
- Spakenburg soccer team forms
- Ernest Lassy completes longest canoe journey without port (6,102 miles).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?