Thursday 11 July 1996
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Adelina Sotnikova and Alessia Cara.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to How Do U Want It by 2 Pac.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Criss Cross, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Discworld II: Missing Presumed...!? or Disruptor.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1996 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
Famous Birthdays:11 July
- Legislation is introduced in Congress to propose the 50 States Coin Program.
- Arrest warrants are issued for Bosnian Serb war criminals Radovan Karadžić and Ratko Mladić by the Russell Tribunal in The Hague.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?