Monday 31 August 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by James Whale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1931 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Alfred Haynes: American airline pilot and a regular guest speaker at social events.
- Noble Willingham: American actor best known for his role as C.D.
- Roger Meindre: French clergyman, the Bishop of Mende from 1983 to 1989 then Archbishop of Albi from 1989 to 1999.
- Rolf Nilsen: Norwegian revue artist, singer, and actor.
- Jean Beliveau: Canadian professional ice hockey player who played parts of 20 seasons with the National Hockey League's (NHL) Montreal Canadiens from 1950 to 1971.
- Jean Marc Beliveau: NHL center (Montreal Canadiens, 10 Stanley Cups)
- Jean Béliveau: Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2014)
- Marcel Planiol: French private law scholar.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 August 1931 and get them!