Friday 10 March 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Pony Time by Chubby Checker.
In UK Walk Right Back / Ebony Eyes by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The AbsentMinded Professor, directed by Robert Stevenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 March 1961!
Which were the important events of 10 March 1961 ?
- Saint Anastasia
- Saint Macharius (d.335)
- Saint John Ogilvie (died 1615)
- Saint Himelin
- Saint Blankaard
- Tibetian national Uprising day
- Fans of video game character Mario celebrate Mar10 Day, by singing songs about him, watching the movie and show, and playing Mario games.
- Doctors Day - (Venezuela).
- Mitch Gaylord in Van Nuys: California, USA; gymnast (Olympics 1984)/actor (American Anthem).
- Laurel B Clark in Ames: Iowa, USA; Lieutenant Commander US Navy/astronaut.
- Jesse Sapolu: NFL guard (San Francisco 49ers).
- Laurel Clark: American astronaut: Laurel B. Clark, M.D.
- Pam Oliver: American sportscaster.
- Bobby Petrino: American football player and coach
- Mitch Gaylord: American gymnast, considered the top gymnast of the U.S. men's team but also a risk-taker who pushes the edge of the envelope. A UCLA senior, he was twice U.S. Champion and recent winner of the NCAA all-around championship. He was instrumental in helping the U.S. Team get its first gold medal since 1932 and their win at the 1984 Olympics. On 8/04/1984, he won a bronze medal on the rings and parallel bars, a silver medal on the vault, and the entire team won gold on 7/31.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- The String-A-Longs - Wheels
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Connie Francis - Where The Boys Are
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- Buzz Clifford - Baby Sittin' Boogie
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Ben E. King - Spanish Harlem
- The Everly Brothers - Ebony Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?