Monday 11 August 1924
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arlene Dahl in Minneapolis and Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq.
Monsieur Beaucaire, directed by Sidney Olcott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1924 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Arlene Dahl in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; actress/TV panelist (Ambush).
- Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq: Pakistan military leader, sixth President of Pakistan from 1978 until his death in 1988, having declared martial law for the third time in the country's history in 1977.
- 1st newsreel pictures of presidential candidates were taken
- US presidential candidates make 1st film for bio-scoop news
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Lewis James
- What'll I Do? - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?