Friday 29 August 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James W Wood and Consuelo Velazquez.
The Iron Horse, directed by Kevin Brownlow, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1924.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1924!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1924 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- James W Wood: USAF / Astronaut (Dynasoar).
- Consuelo Velazquez: Mexican songwriter (d. 2005).
- Dinah Washington in Chicago: Illinois, USA; singer ("What a Difference a Day Makes").
- Dinah Washington: American singer and pianist, who has been cited as "the most popular black female recording artist of the '50s".
- Hubert Thiriez: Loos lez Lille physician.
- María Pradera: Spanish singer and actress
- German Republic day accepts Dawes plan
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- San - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Don't Mind the Rain - Blossom Seeley
- Forget-Me-Not (Means Remember Me) - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?