Tuesday 11 February 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 11 February 1930 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 February 1930 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
See other famous people born on 11 February
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1930?
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Ray Lyman Wilbur -- Feb. 10, 1930
- Science: Science vol. 71 issue 1832
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: Maria Montessori -- Feb. 3, 1930
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
The basis for the Academy Award-winning major motion picture starring Best Actor nominee Richard Dix and Best Actress nominee Irene Dunne.This vivid and sweeping tale of the Oklahoma Land Rush, from Pulitzer Prize winner Edna Ferber, traces the stunning challenges ...
1930. Warwick, a best-selling novelist in both Europe and America in the 1920s and 1930s, became a household name in the years following the publication of Sorrell and Son.
1930. American writer and playwright, he is best known for the Pulitzer Prize awarded his play Our Town in 1938. His second novel, The Bridge of San Luis Rey won the Pulitzer Prize in 1928.
Tell the world why 11 February 1930 is such a special date for you!