Saturday 22 February 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
City Girl, directed by F.W. Murnau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1930 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- James McGarrell: American painter.
- Pierre Juquin: French communist politician and trade unionist.
- Marni Nixon: American soprano and playback singer for featured actresses in movie musicals.
- Bill Mitchell: Canadian-American ice hockey player and coach (d. 2014).
- Allison Hayes: Washington, United States -- Actress (Attack of the 50 Foot Woman).
- JPS van Neerven: Dutch economist / editor (Limbourg Daily)
- Jean Bobet: French road bicycle racer, the younger brother of Louison Bobet.
- Godfried CE van Daalen: Dutch General / Governor of Atjeh, dies at 66.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?