Friday 11 June 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Nelson and Skip Alan [Alan Skipper].
Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein, directed by Charles T. Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1948 ?
- Anthony Nelson: British Secretary of Treasury.
- Skip Alan [Alan Skipper]: Drummer (Them, Pretty Things).
- Richard Nelson: British politician, born in Germany, who became a Member of Parliament, returned at General Election on 6/11/1987.
- Stephen Schnetzer: American actor, known for his role as Cass Winthrop in the TV soap "Another World," 1982 to 1999 when the series went off the air.
- John Swan: American child actor in theater from age five as his mom was an actress and former opera singer.
- The first monkey astronaut, Albert I, is launched into space from White Sands, New Mexico.
- Communist guerrillas kill 3 rubber planters in Malaya.
- Three armed men hijack the Cathay Pacific passenger plane ''Miss Macao'' and shoot the pilot the plane crashes, killing 26 of 27 people on board.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 June 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?