Thursday 17 June 1948
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Bud Abbott Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein, directed by Charles T. Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1948.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1948 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Phylicia Allen Ayers Rashad in Houston: Texas, USA; actress (Cosby).
- David Concepcion: in Venezuela; all-star shortstop (Cincinnati Reds).
- Dave Concepcion: Venezuelan baseball player.
- Aurelio Lopez: Mexican baseball player (d. 1992).
- Dave Concepción: Venezuelan baseball player and manager.
- Jacqueline Jones: American historian and academic
- Aurelio López: Mexican baseball player and politician (d. 1992)
- Karol Sikora: English physician and academic
- Joe Cronin pinch hit home runs in both ends of a doubleheader.
- A Douglas DC-6 carrying United Airlines Flight 624 crashes near Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania, killing all 43 people on board.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1948 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?