Saturday 11 June 1966
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones.
In UK Strangers In The Night by Frank Sinatra was in the top 5 hits.
Khartoum, directed by Basil Dearden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 June 1966!
Which were the important events of 11 June 1966 ?
- Scott Mellanby: Montreal, Quebec -- NHL right wing (Florida Panthers).
- Tiffany Cohen: Culver City, California -- Swimmer (1984 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- I Am A Rock by Simon and Garfunkel peaks at #3
- On A Clear Day You... closes at Mark Hellinger NYC after 280 performances
- Paint It, Black by The Rolling Stones peaks at #1
- Skyscraper closes at Lunt Fontanne Theater NYC after 248 performances
- Sloop John B by The Beach Boys hit #1 in the UK
- French and German media mistakenly report death of Roger Daltry
- Janis Joplin plays her 1st gig (San Francisco)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- Robert Parker - Barefootin'
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Green Grass
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?