Saturday 11 May 1996
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gio Volpe .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Always Be My Baby by Mariah Carey.
In UK Fastlove by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
Twister, directed by Jan de Bont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Beast From the East by R.L. Stine was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Buzzkill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angel Devoid: Face of the Enemy or Contra: Legacy of War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1996.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1996!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1996 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Joan Thirkettle: Journalist, dies at 48.
- Malcolm MacEwen: Writer, dies at 84.
- Bruce Boyce: singer/teacher, dies at age 85.
- Ademir Marques de Menezes: Brazilian footballer (Born 1922).
- Nnamdi Azikiwe: Nigerian statesman, popularly known as "The Zik of Africa.
- Walter Hyatt: American singer-songwriter (Uncle Walt's Band) (d. 1996)
- Valujet DC-9 crashes in Miami, 109 die
- Florida Marlins' pitcher Al Leiter no hits Colorado Rockies, 11-0.
- After the aircraft's departure from Miami, Florida, a fire started by improperly handled oxygen canisters in the cargo hold of Atlanta-bound ValuJet Flight 592 causes the Douglas DC-9 to crash in the Florida Everglades killing all 110 on board.
- The 1996 Mount Everest disaster: on a single day eight people die during summit attempts on Mount Everest .
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Tony Rich Project - Nobody Knows
- Alanis Morissette - Ironic
- SWV - You're The One
- 1,2,3,4 (Sumptin' New) - Coolio
- Whitney Houston - Count On Me
- R. Kelly - Down Low (Nobody Has To Know)
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?