Friday 11 November 1904, Veteran's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J H C Whitehead and Christian Mégret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1904!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1904 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- J H C Whitehead: British mathematician (d. 1960).
- Christian Mégret: French novelist, journalist, public official in togo.
- Christian Megret: France Writer.
- Andrzej Bogucki: Polish singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1978).
- Alger Hiss: American government official and alleged spy (Born 1904).
- J Whitehead: Indian-American mathematician and academic (d. 1960)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1904 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Teasing (I was Only Teasing You) - Billy Murray
- I am Longing for You, Sweetheart, Day by Day - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in November 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?