Sunday 11 November 1934, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bibi Andersson and Elzbieta Krzesinska.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1934 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Bibi Andersson: Sweden -- Actress (Scenes From a Marriage).
- Elzbieta Krzesinska: Poland -- Long jumper (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Paula Myers-Pope American platform diver: two silver, one bronze (Olympic 1952, 1960).
- 1st penalty shot vs. Toronto Maple Leafs, Mondou (Mont) unsuccessful
- WOC-AM in Davenport Iowa splits from WHO-WOC and becomes KICK-AM
- The Shrine of Remembrance in Melbourne, Australia is opened.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Annie Doesn't Live Here Anymore - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?