Monday 25 July 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Cowboys & Aliens, directed by Jon Favreau, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Help by Kathryn Stockett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 25 July 2011 ?
- St. Thea
- Roman festivals - Furinalia
- Cuba - Eve of Revolution Day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Foundation of Santiago de QuerTtaro
- Puerto Rico - Constitution Day (1952)
- Tunisia - Republic Day (1957)
- Virgin Islands - Hurricane Supplication Day
- Inca - festival in honor of Ilyap'a
- Ebernoe Horn Fair, Sussex, England
- St. Valentine
- St. Paul
- St. Nissen
- St. Cucufas/Cougat
- St. Christopher
- Costa Rica - Anniversary of the Annexation of Guanacaste Province
- Galiza - National Day (Dia da Patria Galega).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Saint James the Great, the patron saint of Spain.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 July
- 2011 Syrian uprising: State media announce a new law permitting the formation of political parties. (BBC)
- 2011 Bahraini uprising: A panel begins work an inquiry into the crackdown on protests. (Al Jazeera)
- Greek-Cypriot filmmaker Michael Cacoyannis who was nominated for five Academy Awards for his films including ''Zorba the Greek'' dies in Athens aged 89. (AFP via Google News)
- Moody's cuts Greece's credit rating further to Ca on the grounds that a proposed debt swap is equivalent to a default. (BBC)
- 2011 Horn of Africa famine: The World Bank promises $500 million in aid to drought victims in East Africa as a United Nations agency hosts an emergency meeting aimed at fighting famine. (CBC News)
- South Korea and the People's Republic of China will hold inaugural defense strategic meetings this week. (Yonhap)
- Australia and Malaysia sign a pact to exchange asylum seekers in Kuala Lumpur. (Associated Press)
- 2011 Norway attacks
- Anders Behring Breivik attends court for the first time in connection with the attacks. (AFP via France24)
- Trond Berntsen, the stepbrother of Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Norway, was among the 68 people killed in the attack on the island of Utøya. (AP via ''Miami Herald'')
- Police revise the death toll from the attack down to 76. (''The Telegraph'')
- An Egyptian court decides to try former President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak and Interior Minister Habib al-Adly together on charges relating to the death of protesters in the 2011 Egyptian revolution. (AFP via Maan News)
- 2011 US debt ceiling crisis
- The President of the United States Barack Obama cancels fundraising dinners due to the ongoing debt crisis. (CNN)
- President Obama gives a televised address to the United States warning of ampquotincalculable damageampquot if the debt limit is not raised. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Republican Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner puts forward a plan based on spending cuts. (''Washington Post'')
- Canada's Leader of the Opposition Jack Layton announces that he will take a medical leave of absence and an interim leader of the New Democratic Party will be appointed. (CTV News)
- The Obama Administration released a Strategy to Combat Transnational Organized Crime (whitehouse.gov)
- Truong Tan Sang becomes the new President of Vietnam. (Associated Press)
- In American football, the NFL Players Association executive unanimously accepts a 10 year pay deal with team owners in the US National Football League. (''ESPN'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?