Monday 12 March 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gunde Svan and Darryl Strawberry in Los Angeles.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Viridiana, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Benny Hill.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1962 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Gunde Svan: Swedish long jumper (1984, 88 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Darryl Strawberry in Los Angeles: California, USA; right fielder (New York Mets, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York Yankees).
- Julia Campbell: American actress.
- Darryl Strawberry: Baseball Player.
- Aleksandr Potashov: Belarusian race walker.
- Dutch Premier De Quay announces secret talks with Indonesia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Billy Joe & The Checkmates - Percolator (Twist)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?