Monday 26 March 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul de Leeuw and John Stockton in Spokane.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Don't Break The Heart That Loves You by Connie Francis.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Bird of Youth, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1962 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Paul de Leeuw: Dutch television host.
- John Stockton in Spokane: Washington, USA; NBA guard (Utah Jazz, Olympics-gold-1996).
- Kevin Seitzer in Springfield: Illinois, USA; infielder (Milwaukee Brewers).
- Maarten de: Young; soccer player (SC Heerenveen).
- Yuri Pavlovich in Gidzenko: Russia; Lieutenant-Colonel/cosmonaut.
- Eric Allan Kramer: American actor
- Paul De Leeuw: Dutch TV personality, very popular, fat, funny and shocking, vulgar and rich.
- Kevin Seitzer: American baseball player, a first baseman for the Milwaukee Brewers. Seitzer was originally signed by the Kansas City Royals on 6/06/1983 after being selected in the 11th round of the free-agent draft. He spent nine years with the team before being signed by Milwaukee on 4/05/1992; Seitzer has been with the Brewers for a total of nine years.
- Eric Kramer: TV Actor
- John Stockton: Basketball Player
- Richard Coles: English pianist saxophonist and priest (The Communards)
- Marjorie Colton: inventor of wax paper, dies at age 64.
- Supreme Court backs 1-man-1-vote apportionment of seats in state leg
- US Supreme Court backs 1-man-1-vote apportionment of seats in state legislature.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Roy Orbison - Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Sam Cooke - Twistin' The Night Away
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?