Thursday 8 March 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Hey! Baby by Bruce Channel.
In UK Can't Help Falling In Love / Rock-A-Hula Baby by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Through a Glass Darkly, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 March 1962!
Which were the important events of 8 March 1962 ?
- Saint Philemon (d. 305)
- Albania, Romania - Mother's Day.
- Catholicism Saint John of God.
- Hudson's Birthday - The Second Coming Of Christmas.
- Saint Humfried of Terwaan
- Saint Cyrillus of Africa
- Shaun Gayle: NFL strong safety (San Diego Chargers).
- William Fuller NFL defensive end (Philadelphia Eagles: San Diego Chargers).
- Kim Ung-Yong: Korean child prodigy.
- Leon Robinson: Movie Actor.
- Beatles, with Pete Best, TV debut (perform Dream Baby on BBC)
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- 12 ampndash In Geneva, France and the Algerian FLN begin negotiations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- The Sensations - Let Me In
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- James Darren - Her Royal Majesty
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Don & Juan - What's Your Name
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?