Thursday 12 March 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rex Walters NBA guard (Philadelphia 76ers and Michael Bankston.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
Fellini Satyricon, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Reiter von Padola.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1970 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Rex Walters NBA guard (Philadelphia 76ers: Miami Heat).
- Michael Bankston: NFL defensive end (Arizona Cardinals).
- Ray Prewitt: American actor.
- Stephanie Grant: American noted family and alleged daughter of actor Cary Grant and Cynthia Bouron Krensky, born a few years after Grant's separation from Dyan Cannon.
- Dave Eggers: American writer, editor, and publisher.
- Roy Khan: Norwegian singer-songwriter (Kamelot and Conception)
- John Nemechek: American race car driver (d. 1997)
- Rex Walters: American basketball player and coach
- US lowers voting age from 21 to 18
- Teenagers in the United Kingdom vote for the first time, in a by-election in Bridgwater.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Tee Set - Ma Belle Amie
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- Sly & the Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
- Eddie Holman - Hey There Lonely Girl
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Santana - Evil Ways
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?