Monday 23 March 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
The Sicilian Clan, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1970 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Gianni Infantino: Swiss-Italian football administrator and current President of FIFA (since 26th February 2016).
- Midajah : American model trainer and manager.
- Melissa Errico: American actress and singer.
- John Humphrey: American drummer (The Nixons and Seether).
- Carl Pickens: NFL wide receiver (Cincinnati Bengals).
- Del Lord: Canadian-American actor and director (d. 1970).
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 March 1970 and get them!