Tuesday 17 March 1970, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
Bloody Mama, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1970 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Shannan Mitchem in Decatur: Georgia, USA; female infielder (Colorado Silver Bullets).
- Juliet Campbell: Jamaican sprinter.
- Patrick Lebeau: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Yanic Truesdale: Canadian actor.
- Gene Ween: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Ween).
- Fernand Crommelynck: Belgian dramatist.
- US casts their first United Nations Security Council veto (Support England).
- My Lai Massacre: The United States Army charges 14 officers with suppressing information related to the incident.
- My Lai massacre: The United States Army charges 14 officers with suppressing information related to the incident.
- General Lon Nol ousts Prince Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia.
- United States Postal Service workers in New York City go on strike the strike spreads to the state of California and the cities of Akron, Ohio, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Chicago, Boston, and Denver, Colorado 210,000 out of 750,000 U.S. postal employees walk out. President Nixon assigns military units to New York City post offices. The strike lasts 2 weeks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Santana - Evil Ways
- The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?