Sunday 22 March 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Travis Richards in Crystal and Jason Rouser in Tucson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
The Sicilian Clan, directed by Henri Verneuil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Reiter von Padola.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1970 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Travis Richards in Crystal: Minnesota, USA; US hockey defenseman (Olympics-1994).
- Jason Rouser in Tucson: Arizona, USA; 200 metre/400 metre runner.
- Reggie White: American athlete, defensive tackle, he played pro football from 1992-199, spending his first three seasons with San Diego and his last season with the New England Patriots.
- Andreas Johnson: Swedish singer-songwriter.
- Leontien van Moorsel: Dutch cyclist.
- Blood Red Roses opens and closes at John Golden Theater, New York City
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Orange Blossom Golf Classic.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 March 1970
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Santana - Evil Ways
- The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?