Monday 16 March 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelli James in Medford and Pall Oskar Hjalmtysson.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Wand'rin' Star by Lee Marvin was in the top 5 hits.
My Night at Maud's, directed by Eric Rohmer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Reiter von Padola.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1970!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1970 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Kelli James in Medford: New Jersey, USA; field hockey forward (Olympics-1996).
- Pall Oskar Hjalmtysson: Icelandic singer, songwriter and disc jockey.
- Youri Gilg: French alpine skier (freeride, mogul skiing) of Polish descent, he participated in the 1998 olympics Albertville 1992 (with Grospiron) before becoming a protestant priest (adventist).
- Curt Schmidt: American baseball player, a pitcher for the Montreal Expos.
- Alex Lee: Guitarist.
- Joakim Berg: Swedish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Kent)
- Paul Oscar: Icelandic singer-songwriter
- Reynolds Wolf: American TV meteorologist and journalist
- Arthur Adamov: Russian/French playwright, dies at age 61.
- New English Bible published
- WNIN TV channel 9 in Evansville, IN (PBS) begins broadcasting
- The complete New English Bible is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
- The Jaggerz - The Rapper
- Chairmen Of The Board - Give Me Just A Little More Time
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- Brook Benton - Rainy Night In Georgia
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- The Hollies - He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Santana - Evil Ways
- The Delfonics - Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?