Friday 12 September 2003
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Underworld, directed by Len Wiseman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Teeth of the Tiger by Tom Clanc was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 12 September 2003 ?
- Also see September 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Maryland (United States) - Defenders Day
- Cape Verde - National Day
- Ethiopia - National Revolution Day (1974)
- RC Saints - Holy Name of Mary
- The United Nations lifts sanctions against Libya after that country agreed to accept responsibility and recompense the families of victims in the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.
- In Fallujah, US forces mistakenly shoot and kill eight Iraqi police officers.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Arab and Non-Aligned nations call on the United Nations Security Council to stop Israel carrying out its threat to expel the head of the Palestinian Authority, Yasser Arafat, from the West Bank. Elsewhere the European Union and Russia describe the Israeli proposal as a 'terrible mistake'. UN General Secretary Kofi Annan calls the Israel's proposed action ampquotdangerousampquot and ampquotunwiseampquot. The Irish Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, who takes over as President
- Zimbabwe's only opposition newspaper, the ''Daily News'' ceases publication following a court order that it breached the ''Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act'' introduced by President Robert Mugabe in 2002. The closure follows an armed raid on the paper's offices by police. One reporter told Reuters that the action was an ampquotunprecedented attack on press freedomampquot.
- Johnny Cash died at the age of 71 due to complications from diabetes, which resulted in respiratory failure, while hospitalized at Baptist Hospital in Nashville, Tennessee. He was interred next to his wife in Hendersonville Memory Gardens near his home in Hendersonville, Tennessee.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?