Sunday 28 September 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic River, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Ultimate Weight Solution by Phillip C. McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 28 September 2003 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 September
- Nuclear Weapons: Iran remains defiant about nuclear program. Iran states it will not give up its nuclear program (including uranium enrichment). The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) have given Iran until October 31 to prove it has no secret nuclear arms program and told it to halt enrichment activities. Iran states international pressure will not deter its nuclear plans.
- Blackout: In Italy and a small part of Switzerland people were without power from late Saturday night until Sunday noon. The power outage was more extensive than the North American blackout in August.
- Terrorism: Ukraine warns United States of nuclear terror threat. Officials in Kiev have formed a joint task force to examine purchase of nuclear materials by U.S.-based terrorists. Officials investigate radioactive package addressed to America seized in Kiev's airport. Ukraine Ministry of Emergencies official states the package was emitting radiation ampquot''higher than the acceptable norm''ampquot.
- Natural disaster: Hurricane Juan is expected to make landfall near Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Space: Europe has launched its first mission to the moon, using SMART-1, an unmanned probe.
- Pope John Paul II names 30 new cardinals, including Marc Ouellet, Archbishop of Quebec and Primate of Canada. The Pope also created a 31st Cardinal ''in pectore'', which means his identity is kept secret and he will not be made a Cardinal if the Pope dies before revealing his name.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 2003 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?