Monday 29 September 2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Boy by Beyonce.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Mystic River, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Ultimate Weight Solution by Phillip C. McGraw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Potter Puppet Pals.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bruce Lee: Return of the Legend or Cartoon Network Speedway.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 29 September 2003 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 September
- Abdalla Yones, who was convicted of murder for killing his daughter, Heshu Yones, for dating a Christian, is sentenced to life in prison after becoming the first person in Britain to admit an ampquothonour killingampquot.
- Terrorism: Pakistan dismisses and condemns al-Qaida terrorist network threat against President Pervez Musharraf, saying the war against terrorism will continue. Pakistan Foreign Ministry spokesman Masood Khan states (in Islamabad) Pakistan will not be deterred by such threats. The identity of the speaker on the audio tape or the authenticity of the tape has not been verified. The message was attributed to al-Qaida's second-ranking leader, Ayman al-Zawahri, and was aired on Al Jazeera and
- Nuclear weapons: Iranian official confirm traces of highly enriched uranium found in the country at the Kalaye Electric Company near Tehran (this was the second time such a discovery was made by United Nations inspectors). Iran's ambassador to the International Atomic Energy Agency, Ali Akbar Salehi, attributes the find to the contamination of imported equipment on state television. Iranians have allegedly used Kalaye Electric Company to test centrifuges used to make highly enriched uranium
- International relations: Former US Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright (commenting on European Union relations to the United States), says that current transatlantic relations are in a dangerous ampquotvicious circleampquot. She states that the European Union is not a counterweight to American power in the world. She also states that there is an American ampquot''catch-22''ampquot, and that America is criticized no matter which foreign policy it adopts.
- United Kingdom: The British Labour Party is holding its annual conference in Bournemouth on the English south coast. For the party and especially Tony Blair it is a tough conference as his policies (especially over Iraq) are under heavy attack.
- Elections: Newfoundland and Labrador premier Roger Grimes calls a general election for October 21. Grimes' Liberals are seeking reelection against the Tories, NDP, and the Labrador Party.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?