Thursday 13 August 1987
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Liz Milian and Pepe Diokno.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Dancing, directed by Emile Ardolino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Head Over Heels or Hi no Tori Hououhen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1987 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Liz Milian: Reality Star.
- Pepe Diokno: Filipino director producer and screenwriter.
- Devin McCourty: American football player.
- Jason McCourty: American football player.
- Jamie Reed: Welsh footballer.
- Vincent Persichetti: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Composer (Sibyl).
- Cards outfield sets record of no putouts in a 4-2 in 13 inning
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1987?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?