Sunday 23 August 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Who's That Girl by Madonna.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Hamburger Hill, directed by John Irvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 23 August 1987 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
Famous Birthdays:23 August
- 15-years old boy hijacks KLM B737, demands $1 billion
- Betsy King wins Atlantic City LPGA Golf Classic
- Violent rainfall / floods in Bangladesh, kills 100s
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?