Sunday 16 August 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Morris Quadruplets and Dan Smyers.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Dancing, directed by Emile Ardolino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Steel Riders.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cosmic Causeway: Trailblazer II or I, Ball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 16 August 1987 ?
- RC saints: feast day of Saint Stephen I of Hungary; Saint Roch (helps against plague and skin diseases)
- USA: legal holiday in Vermont for the Battle of Bennington in 1777 (which actually took place in the state of New York)
- Palio dell'Assunta in Siena
- Eastern Orthodox: commemoration of the translation of the Acheiropoietos icon which means "Not made by hands", (also known as the Mandelion; now lost) from Edessa to Constantinople on 16 August 944
- Morris Quadruplets: American quadruplets born to actress Robin Morris and her husband Danny.
- Dan Smyers: Country Singer.
- Carey Price: Canadian Hockey Player.
- Evan Berger: Australian footballer.
- Eri Kitamura: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Kyal Marsh: Australian actor and gymnast
- Val Skinner wins LPGA MasterCard International Golf Pro-Am
- New York Mets beat Chicago Cubs, 23-9.
- Northwest Airlines Flight 255 (a McDonnell Douglas MD-82) crashes on takeoff from Detroit Metropolitan Airport in Romulus, Michigan, killing 155 people on-board.
- Astrological Harmonic Convergence-Dawn of New Age.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 August 1987
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- U2 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- George Michael - I Want Your Sex
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- T'Pau - Heart And Soul
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- The Jets - Cross My Broken Heart
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Gloria Estefan - Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1987?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?