Tuesday 13 December 1904
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1904.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 13 December 1904 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 13 December 1904 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
See other famous people born on 13 December
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
This scarce antiquarian book is a facsimile reprint of the original. Due to its age, it may contain imperfections such as marks, notations, marginalia and flawed pages.
This collection of literature attempts to compile many of the classic, timeless works that have stood the test of time and offer them at a reduced, affordable price, in an attractive volume so that everyone can enjoy them.
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web.
But if we return not from our adventure," ended Sir Mortimer, "if the sea claims us, and upon his sandy floor, amid his Armida gardens, the silver-singing mermaiden marvel at that wreckage which was once a tall ship and at ...
Tell the world why 13 December 1904 is such a special date for you!