Saturday 31 December 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Kedélyes bohémek, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1904.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 December 1904!
Which were the important events of 31 December 1904 ?
- New Year's Eve on the Gregorian Calendar.
- Chuck Gardiner: in United Kingdom; NHL goalie (Vezina winner).
- Nathan Milstein in Odessa: Russia; concert violinist (Philadelphia Orchestra 1942).
- William Heynes: English engineer (d. 1989).
- Umm Kulthum: Egyptian singer and actress (d. 1975).
- The first New Year's Eve celebration is held in Longacre Square (later known as Times Square) in New York City, New York.
- The Loftus Road and Griffin Park football stadiums open in London.
- Stuyvesant High School is founded in New York City.
- The Daytona Educational and Industrial Training School for Negro Girls, now Bethune-Cookman University, is founded.
- Halford Mackinder presents a paper on ampquot''The Geographical Pivot of History''ampquot to the Royal Geographical Society of London in which he formulates the Heartland Theory, originating the study of geopolitics.
- The subject of alcohol and heart attacks is first investigated.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in December 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?