Thursday 13 January 1972
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bryon Morris and Richard Woodley.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Cowboys, directed by Mark Rydell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Amazing World of Kreskin.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1972 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Bryon Morris: Running back (Baltimore Ravens).
- Richard Woodley: NFL cornerback (Detroit Lions).
- Nicole Eggert in Glendale: California, USA; actress (Charles in Charge, Chrissie - TJ Hooker, Summer - Baywatch).
- Atoosa Rubenstein: Iranian-born American magazine editor.
- Nicole Eggert: TV Actress.
- Christopher Boykin: Reality Star
- Park Jin-Young: Korean singer
- Mark Bosnich: Australian footballer and sportscaster
- James O'Brien: British radio presenter and journalist
- Vitaly Scherbo: Belarusian gymnast
- Former umpire, now housewife Bernice Gera wins her suit against baseball, initiated on March 15, 1971 to be allowed to umpire.
- Prime Minister Kofi Busia and President Edward Akufo-Addo of Ghana are ousted in a bloodless military coup by Colonel Ignatius Kutu Acheamphong.
- Prime Minister of Ghana Kofi Abrefa Busia is overthrown in a military coup.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?