Sunday 16 January 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lee McIntyre in Peak Hill and Desiree Leipham in Spokane.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to American Pie (Parts 1 and 2) by Don McLean.
In UK I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony) by The New Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Cowboys, directed by Mark Rydell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Boney.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 January 1972!
Which were the important events of 16 January 1972 ?
- National Religious Freedom Day in the United States, to commemorate the adoption of Thomas Jefferson's landmark Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom in 1786
- Teacher's Day in Thailand
- Lee McIntyre in Peak Hill: Australia; golfer (T3 1995 New South Wales Trainee Champ).
- Desiree Leipham in Spokane: Washington, USA; WPVA volleyball player (Nationals-17th-1995).
- Dameon Clarke: Canadian actor.
- Salah Hissou: Moroccan long-distance runner.
- Richard T Jones: American actor.
- Greg Page: Australian musician and actor
- Ruben Bagger: Danish footballer
- Ang Christou: Australian rules footballer
- Yuri Drozdov: Russian footballer and manager
- Ezra Hendrickson: Vincentian footballer and manager
- Joe Horn: American football player and coach
- Richard Jones: Japanese-American actor and producer
- Alen Peternac: Croatian footballer
- Super Bowl VI: Dallas Cowboys-24, Miami-3 in New Orleans; Most Valuable Player: Roger Staubach, Quarterback.
- Atje Keulen-Deelstra becomes European all-round lady skating champ.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- The New Seekers - I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
- Betty Wright - Clean Up Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?