Monday 13 July 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Mama Told Me (Not To Come) by Three Dog Night.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1970 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Steven J Brown in Hackensack: New Jersey, USA; guitarist (Trixter - "Give It To Me Good").
- Barry Pinches: English snooker player.
- Andrei Tivontchik: German pole vaulter and trainer.
- Bruno Salomone: French actor and humourist of Sicilian and Belgian descent, he began in a troup ("Nous C Nous") with Jean Dujardin and other young comedians.
- Building begins of Amsterdam metro
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Bread - Make It With You
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
- The Pipkins - Gimme Dat Ding
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?