Tuesday 7 July 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Mama Told Me (Not To Come) by Three Dog Night.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Chisum, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1970 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Michael McCrary: NFL defensive end (Seattle Seahawks).
- Robia LaMorte: American actress and dancer.
- Wayne McCullough: Irish boxer.
- Erik Zabel: German cyclist and coach.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Melanie - Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- The Beatles - The Long And Winding Road
- Elvis Presley - The Wonder Of You
- Vanity Fare - Hitchin' A Ride
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?