Tuesday 28 July 1970
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to (They Long To Be) Close To You by Carpenters.
In UK In The Summertime by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Performance, directed by Donald Cammell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 July 1970!
Which were the important events of 28 July 1970 ?
- St. Celsus
- St. Victor
- St. Innocent
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Nazarius
- San Marino - Fall of the Fascist Government
- Peru - Independence Day
- Faroe Islands - �lavs�ka Eve
- Canada - Commemoration of the deportation of the Acadians
- St. Sampson (a bishop)
- Michael Amott: Swedish guitarist and songwriter (Arch Enemy Spiritual Beggars Candlemass Carcass and Carnage).
- Isabelle Brasseur: Canadian figure skater.
- Paul Strang: Zimbabwean cricketer and coach.
- John Barbirolli: English conductor (NY Philharmonic Orch), dies at 70.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not To Come)
- The Jackson 5 - The Love You Save
- Bread - Make It With You
- The Temptations - Ball Of Confusion (That's What The World Is Today)
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Freda Payne - Band Of Gold
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Alive and Kicking - Tighter, Tighter
- The Five Stairsteps - O-o-h Child
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?