Friday 14 February 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Tobacco Road, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1941 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- John Butterfill: British Member of Parliament.
- Big Sullivan: English guitarist (d. 2012).
- Paul Tsongas: American politician, the former Senator and State rep from Massachusetts and Dem.
- Donna Shalala: American educator and government official, college president, cabinet member and Secretary of Health & Human Services for Bill Clinton.
- Cebrie Park in the Bronx renamed Halsey Street
- German Africa Corps lands in Tripoli, Libya.
- 1,000,000th vehicle traverses the New York Midtown Tunnel.
- WWII ampndash Admiral Kichisaburo Nomura begins his duties as Japanese Ambassador to the United States.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 February 1941 and get them!