Thursday 14 February 1952, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nancy Keenan and Will McEnaney.
Jour de fête, directed by Jacques Tati, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Life Is Worth Living.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1952!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1952 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Nancy Keenan: American reproductive-rights advocate.
- Will McEnaney: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher who played with the Cincinnati Reds, Montreal Expos, Pittsburgh Pirates, and St. Louis Cardinals between 1974 and 1979.
- Dorothy Bishop: English psychologist and academic.
- Sushma Swaraj: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of External Affairs.
- Maurice De Waele: Belgian cyclist (Born 1896).
- 6th Olympic winter games open at Oslo, Norway
- Comedian Joey Adams marries gossip columnist Cindy Heller.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?