Monday 14 January 1952
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Room for One More, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1952 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Sydney Biddle Barrow: Madam / autohr (Mayflower Madam).
- Calin Popescu-Tariceanu: ex-Prime Minister of Romania.
- Sydney Barrows: American noted family, the ancestor of one of the oldest family names in America.
- Maureen Dowd: American award-winning columnist for the New York Times.
- Konstantinos Iosifidis: Greek footballer and football manager.
- Călin Popescu-Tăriceanu: Romanian engineer and politician 60th Prime Minister of Romania
- Artur Kapp: Estonian composer and conductor (d. 1952).
- Today Show premieres with Dave Garroway and Jack Lescoulie on NBC-TV
- Rationing of coffee in the Netherlands ends
- Snow storm in Sierra Nevada kills 26.
- NBC's long-running morning news program Today debuts, with host Dave Garroway.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?