Friday 22 February 1952
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Love Is Better Than Ever, directed by Stanley Donen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1952!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1952 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Wayne John Levi in Little Falls: New York, USA; PGA golfer (1983 Buick Open).
- James Philip Bagian in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; MDPE/astronaut (STS 29, STS 40).
- Antonio Catania: Italian actor, who studied acting at the Drama School of the Piccolo Teatro in Milan.
- Bill Frist: American politician and physician first elected to the US Senate on November 8, 1994.
- Joaquim Moura: Portuguese economist,businessman on the boards of several Portuguese companies and politician.
- Cyrinda Foxe: American model and actress (d. 2002)
- Bernard Silverman: English minister statistician and academic
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?