Tuesday 26 February 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rancho Notorious, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 February 1952!
Which were the important events of 26 February 1952 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - February 26, Day 1 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- Saint Alexander of Alexandria
- Saint Nestor (died 251)
- Liberation Day in Kuwait (1991).
- Nation of Islam - Savior's Day - commemoration of the birthdate of Wallace Fard Muhammad, believed to be Allah in human form, the saviour of the black race.
- Dennis Kinney: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Cleveland Indians (1978), San Diego Padres (1978–80), Detroit Tigers (1981) and Oakland Athletics (1982).
- Enrico Coveri: French-Italian dress designer, renowned for the richness and brilliance of his styles.
- Jaan Arder: Estonian singer (Apelsin and Hortus Musicus) (d. 2014).
- Theodoros Pangalos: Greek general and politician President of Greece (d. 1952).
- Neth-Indonesian Unity conference
- Prime Minister Winston Churchill announces that Britain has its own atomic bomb.
- Vincent Massey is sworn in as the first Canadian-born Governor-General of Canada.
- United Kingdom Prime Minister Winston Churchill announces that the United Kingdom has an atomic bomb.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 February 1952 and get them!