Monday 14 February 1972
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Without You by Nilsson.
In UK Son Of My Father by Chicory Tip was in the top 5 hits.
Cabaret, directed by Bob Fosse, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1972!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1972 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Rob Thomas: American musician (Matchbox Twenty).
- Viscera : Wrestler.
- Hiroshi: Japanese comedian.
- Erika Rachael Schwarz in Folsom: Louisiana, USA; Miss Louisiana-America (1996-second).
- Raymond Beerens Dutch soccer player (PSV: FC Groningen).
- Bruno Heppell: Canadian Football League full back (Montreal Alouettes).
- Mayne One: Rocker (Young Nation)
- Najwa Nimri: Spanish actress and singer
- Jaan Tallinn: Estonian computer programmer co-developed Skype
- Drew Bledsoe: American athlete, he played for the New England Patriots from 1993 to 2001 when he was traded to the Buffalo Bills. In his last year with the Patriots he suffered an injury that pulled him out of several games and he was supplanted as quarterback by Tom Brady. He graciously accepted the Patriot's manager's decision to trade him to the Bills.
- Big Daddy V: American professional wrestler
- Lambertus "Bertus" van Lyre: composer/conductor (Dike), dies at age 65.
- John andYoko co-host Mike Douglas Show for entire week
- Luna 20 (Russia) launched to orbit and soft landing on Moon.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Nilsson - Without You
- Al Green - Let's Stay Together
- Carpenters - Hurting Each Other
- Climax - Precious And Few
- Three Dog Night - Never Been To Spain
- The Osmonds - Down By The Lazy River
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Apollo 100 - Joy
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Bread - Everything I Own
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?