Thursday 14 July 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Igor Andreev and Drew Cheetwood.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Zelig, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fun to Imagine.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Kawasaki Synthesizer or Kool-Aid Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1983 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Igor Andreev: Russian tennis player.
- Drew Cheetwood: American actor.
- Wesley Dening: Australian television host and producer.
- Thomas Howard: American football player (d. 2013).
- Tito Muñoz: American conductor and academic.
- Crane (Rep-R-Il) and Studds (Rep-D-Mas) admit to sex with pages
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- The Kinks - Come Dancing
- Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
- Madness - Our House
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?