Saturday 30 July 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Every Breath You Take by The Police.
In UK Baby Jane by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Risky Business, directed by Paul Brickman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Return Of The Jedi by Joan D. Vinge was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 July 1983!
Which were the important events of 30 July 1983 ?
- Vanuatu - Independence Day
- St. Julitta (a martyr)
- St. Sennen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Abdon
Famous Birthdays:30 July
- Howard Dietz: American publicist and songwriter (d. 1983).
- Weight lifter Sergei Didyk of the USSR jerks a record 261 kg
- Official speed record for a piston-driven aircraft, 832 kph, California.
- Howard Deitz, MGM executive, dies at age 86 of Parkinson's disease.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Police - Every Breath You Take
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This)
- Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
- Donna Summer - She Works Hard For The Money
- Sergio Mendes - Never Gonna Let You Go
- Duran Duran - Is There Something I Should Know
- Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- Stevie Nicks - Stand Back
- Madness - Our House
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?