Thursday 14 May 1970
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvester Stanley and Natasha Ryan in Los Angeles.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1970 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Sylvester Stanley: WLAF defensive tackle (Rhein Fire).
- Natasha Ryan in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Amy - Ladies' Man).
- Donato Ventresca: American who landed a spot on a TV reality show.
- Erkan Mustafa: English actor and television presenter.
- Billie Burke: Comedienne (Glinda-Wizard of Oz), dies at 84.
- Cops kill 2 students in racial disturbance (Jackson State University, Mississippi)
- New York City local newspaper Our Town begins publishing
- RAF-leader Andreas Baader freed after serving 2 years in West Berlin
- Police kill two students in racial disturbance (Jackson State University, Mississippi).
- Harry A Blackmun appointed to the US Supreme Court.
- The Red Army Faction is established in Germany.\ \ \ \ \ Launch of the Saturn INT-21, carrying the Skylab space station.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?