Monday 11 May 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Joubert and Dean Capobianco Australian 200 metre/400 metre (Olympics-1992.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to American Woman by The Guess Who.
In UK Back Home by England World Cup Squad was in the top 5 hits.
The Ballad of Cable Hogue, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Family at War.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1970!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1970 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Michael Joubert: Australian 400 metre/800 metre (Olympics-1996).
- Dean Capobianco Australian 200 metre/400 metre (Olympics-1992: 1996).
- Glenn Hugill: British television presenter and producer.
- Harold Ford Jr: Political commentator and former U.S.
- Holly Frazier: Reality Star.
- Harold Ford: Jr. American lawyer and politician
- Nicky Katt: American actor
- Jason Queally: English cyclist
- Johnny Hodges: American saxophonist and clarinet player (d. 1970).
- Sammy Davis Jr weds Altovise.
- The Lubbock Tornado, a F5 tornado, hits Lubbock, Texas, killing 26 and causing $250 million in damage.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Simon & Garfunkel - Cecilia
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- Ray Stevens - Everything Is Beautiful
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Up Around The Bend
- The Marmalade - Reflections Of My Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?