Wednesday 14 October 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Incident from Don Quixote, directed by Georges Mlis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1908 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- Louis Dio: Vannes Military man.
- Simon Cayla: Ouveillan physician.
- Rudolf Ismayr: German weightlifter and Olympic champion.
- Ruth Hale: American actress and playwright (d. 2003).
- Pierre Gaume: Quimper physician.
- Baseball Writers Association of America, forms
- Smallest crowd at World Series, 6,210 fans see Cubs beat Tigers
- The Chicago Cubs defeat the Detroit Tigers, 2-0, clinching the World Series. It would be their last one to date.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don't Take Me Home - Eddie Morton
- Any Old Port in a Storm - Frank Stanley
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?