Friday 14 October 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Dean III and Empress Farah.
Listen, Darling, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 14 October 1938 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
- John Dean III: Former White House counsel (Watergate figure).
- Empress Farah: Diba of Iran.
- John Dean: American government official, an Aide to President Nixon.
- Elizabeth Esteve-Coll: English curator and academic.
- Ron Lancaster: American-born Canadian football player and coach (d. 2008).
- Shula Marks: South African historian and academic
- Farah Pahlavi: Iranian wife of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi
- Nazis plan Jewish ghettos for all major cities
- The first flight of the Curtiss Aircraft Company's P-40 Warhawk fighter plane.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?